Are you considering a career in law enforcement? Would you like to support, serve
and protect your community? Do you have the desire to become a member of the North
Bergen Police Department? If you are a North Bergen Township Resident, at least
18 years of age, a United States Citizen, and you posses a high school education
and valid New Jersey Driver's License, you may be eligible.
Benefits Include …
- Over $80,000 a year for a senior patrol police officer
- Up to five weeks paid vacation and five personal days
- Lifetime medical benefits including dental, prescription, and optical plans
- A retirement pension of at least 65% of your final salary after 25 years
- Job security and room for advancement
The North Bergen Police Department is a civil service employer and is governed by
rules set forth by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission. As a result, we select
candidates from eligibility lists that are supplied to us by the State of New Jersey.
Individuals wishing to pursue a career with the North Bergen Police Department must
obtain a Law Enforcement Exam (LEE) test application through the New Jersey Civil Service
Commission. For specific information regarding eligibility requirements
and testing, please call the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's Information Center
at (609) 292-4144 or visit their web site.